Day tour into Þórsmörk
Take an adventurous drive into the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve with a modified 4x4 truck and experience the volcanic landscapes surrounding the Eyjafjallajökull Glacier and Volcano. On our way into the nature reserve we drive through volcanic deserts or fields of snow in winter and cross multiple glacial streams and rivers that flow from underneath the Eyjafjallajökull Glacier.
On our way we get to see the affects of the 2010 volcanic eruption and visit the Stakkholtsgjá Ravine, where the water from the glacier has carved out a narrow passage into the 100-meter high volcanic rock. Before heading back we stop for a nice lunch at the Volcano Huts following a short optional walk around the Valahnúkur Mountain. This tour combines the adventurous off-road drive with the serenity and scenic beauty of the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve.
- Transportation to and from Þórsmörk Nature Reserve
- 4x4 truck off-road driving
- Lunch at the Volcano Huts in Þórsmörk
- Driver guide
- Optional walks around the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve
- From Hvolsvöllur / Hella / Seljalandsfoss ISK 32.900 (Duration 5 - 6 hours)
- From Reykjavik ISK 52.900 (Duration 8 – 9 hours)
For further information or queries, please contact us through email [email protected] or call +354 552 8300.