Þórsmörk Winter Adventure
Winter retreats in Þórmörk / 2 days, 1 night
Experience the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve in winter and stay with us at the Volcano Huts, surrounded by the beautiful landscape of Þórsmörk.
The road to Þórsmörk offers a scenic drive through volcanic landscape, with beautiful scenery of Eyjafjallajökull Glacier towering above the valley. We will have to plow through fields of snow and drive across icy rivers with our modified 4x4 vehicles to reach our base camp at the Volcano Huts.
Upon arrival at the Volcano Huts we start by having warm soup for lunch before we head out for a 1,5 - 2 hour guided hike, where you will enjoy the best panoramic views of the Þórsmörk and Eyjafjallajökull area. If you feel like walking a bit further or you would prefer to hike on your own, then we will give you a map and directions to follow the hiking trails in Þórsmörk.
Returning to the Volcano Huts you will find the sauna, showers and small pool waiting where you can relax after your walk. After dinner, we might enjoy clear skies throughout the evening to view the stars and the Northern Lights from around the campfire. Following breakfast you are free to wander out to explore more of Þórsmörk before heading back in the early afternoon.
On our way back from Þórsmörk, we drive across the rivers, down the valley and onto the main road back to where we picked you up the day before.
This offer can be extended for more than one night upon request and is valid for both groups and individuals.
- Accommodation in small double or single rooms with made up beds, shared bathrooms
- Lunch upon arrival, dinner, and breakfast
- Complimentary drink with dinner or by campfire
- Complimentary coffee and tea while on location
- Optional guided walks with snowshoes around the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve
- Snowshoes & hiking poles
- Trailmap of the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve
- LavaSPA – Sauna & showers
Price per person
Departures & Availability
- Departure from Hvolsvöllur at 10 am / Seljalandsfoss at 10:20 am
- Optional: departure from Reykjavík at 8:00 on day 1 available for extra fee
- Departure from Þórsmörk at 2 pm / Arrival at Seljalandsfoss at approx. 4 pm on day two
- Optional: transfer back to Reykjavík from Seljalandsfoss or Hvolsvöllur available for extra fee
- Available 1st of October – 30th April